Whole Earth Peanut Butter Banh Mi
- ½ energy-boosting sourdough baguette (210g)
- 2 level tablespoons Whole Earth Peanut Butter With Sunflower, Pumpkin & Flax Seeds, packed with protein and fibre.
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne strips or grated (70g)
- ½ Granny Smith apple for a touch of sweetness, cut into julienne strips or grated (70g)
- ¼ daikon radish, cut into julienne strips or grated. Pick up your daikon or mooli as it is sometimes known in any Asian store. Alternatively, you can use the scrumptious red radish (70g)
- 1½ teaspoons fish sauce or soy sauce (if you’re veggie/vegan)
- 1½ teaspoons fresh, zingy lime juice
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cucumber, sliced into long strips (82g)
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and sliced, to give your sandwich a kick (18g)
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Handful of fresh mint
- Pop the grated carrot and radish into a bowl, and drizzle with the rice vinegar and olive oil. Give it a quick mix and leave for 30 mins to pickle.
- Spoon the Whole Earth peanut butter into a separate small bowl, adding the fish sauce/soy sauce and lime juice. Mash it all together (we recommend mushing it with the back of a spoon).
- Slice your baguette lengthways and spread the peanutty mixture all over one half (spoon-licking optional).
- Add your pickled veggies on top along with the grated apple, cucumber slices and red chilli (your call on how much heat!), plus fresh coriander and mint leaves.
- Crown your creation with the top half of the baguette, slice into two and ENJOY!
Good to know: your Whole Earth Peanut Butter Banh Mi sandwich is full of protein and fibre. It also contains plenty of veggies and fruit, which all go towards your 5 a day. This delicious sandwich will help keep you going after lunch. It’s a keeper.