Spanish Red Pepper Dip with Whole Earth Almond Butter
- 4 roasted red peppers from the jar
- 2 tbsps Whole Earth almond butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 slice of stale white bread, torn into chunks
- 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsps sherry vinegar (or 1 tsp balsamic vinegar if you don’t have sherry)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Honey or agave to taste
- Blend the red peppers, almond butter, garlic, paprika and bread in a food processor until no large chunks are visible
- While the motor is running, pour in the olive oil, followed by the vinegar
- Remove the lid and taste the dip; it will probably need salt, but would a little honey help too! Add a little salt, pepper and sweetness at a time until it’s seasoned to perfection.
- Serve with toasted flatbreads and veg crudités.
Serving suggestions: This dip will keep for a couple of weeks covered in the fridge and is also delicious as a pasta sauce or spooned over white fish or grilled chicken.